...for the Friday Fill-in. It has been a roller-coaster ride of a week, and I am glad to be standing on the exit side of the tracks. I hope everyone has a great, relaxing weekend.
1. Follow the beat of your own drum. Far too many people devalue themselves trying to live up to someone else’s ideals.
2. A good book and a journal are two somethings I always take with me on vacation.
3. To achieve your goals, you must make decisions, stick to them, and take responsibility for your successes and failures.
4. That I am incredibly saddened and embarrassed by the displays of racism exhibited by people who live in my neighborhood and community is something I'd like you to know about me.
5. I have a hankering for a nice glass of red wine.
6. Very small rocks float. Ha! Ha!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to actually seeing my husband and child, tomorrow my plans include celebrating my brother’s birthday and Sunday, I want to take my daughter to the pumpkin patch!